9.14.2012

mid century modern double danish love


What happens when your buddy summons you to Raleigh for design assistance on her gorgeous master bedroom redecorating project? You go. You shop. You listen. You give your opinion. You listen some more. You watch her buy. 

And then you pick up a little something for yourself. 

And so it went for me. Our Saturday morning trek to the fairgrounds flea market netted me the steal of the (mid) century, as I snagged myself two amazing Danish modern chairs for a mere $50 each! "Where to put them when you live in a condo full of someone else's furniture" was tomorrow's worry. Schlepping them back to Charlotte in my teeny tiny Mini Cooper was the immediate challenge at hand, but nothing that the nice man who sold them to me and I couldn't overcome together.

Some mineral spirits and 2 coats of Refurbish brought the beautiful finish back to their sexy arms and legs. 


Richie gives his official "Green-eyed monster seal of approval."

Our landlords recently reclaimed 2 of their chairs from the condo, creating the perfect space in our living room for these Danish beauties. I found e what I wanted from my friends at Modern Fabrics, Larry Dellinger waved his magic re-upholstery wand for me one more time, and this is what emerged.....


For a total investment of less than $550, I got two new modern classics that look like a million bucks and will last well into the middle of this new century!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kathi! Another cool looking project! It looks great! Thanks for your ongoing support it's always fun to see you at the store and dream in mid-century modern.
    Ewa
    Modern-fabrics.com

    ReplyDelete