1.05.2011

why would a chicken like me cross the road?

Sometimes I wonder what a modern girl like me is doing in a city so proudly built on southern tradition and style. Our 1949 brick 2-story is a dream for some but can never completely reflect the modern aesthetic that truly makes my heart sing. And after 16 years of renovations we’ve gone about as far as we can go, frankly.

Being the project people that we are, it seems the time is ripe to (insert Southern accent here) “go start us new one!” As of July, there’s a plot of land on the other side of Providence Road with our names on it.  Once we’ve successfully handed this house over to some lucky new owner, we’re going to build our modern masterpiece, praying all the while that our new neighbors won’t hate us!

I invite you to follow along with me as I plan, plot, dream and design.  It’s my way of keeping the vision alive while we wait for this current chapter to close. I’m excited to share what I discover, hoping that maybe something you see here will inspire you in your own journey! That truly would be the icing on my cupcake...:-)

2 comments: